Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Excel Function to Return Week Day Name of the Given Date

How to return Week day Name of the given date in Excel
Generally the WEEKDAY Function Returns the day number of the week corresponding to a date.
But if you want to return the WeekDay Name then we can find using Text Function as follows :
If suppose cell A2 has a date value as “3/25/2015” then if you want find the WeekDay Name of that date we can use the following formula:
=TEXT(A2,"DDDD")               Which returns “Wednesday”
In the same if you want to find the Month Name You can find as follows:
=TEXT(A2,"MMMM")             Which returns “March”


Output :
Date
Formula
Result
3/25/2015
 =TEXT(A2,"DDDD")
Wednesday
3/25/2015
 =TEXT(A3,"MMMM")
March

Hi My Dear Users/Followers/Visitors...
I have a one dream that I want to become a good Data Analyst so that I am doing research on every angle of Excel .......... I love excel .....If you love Excel ...Just join my Kingdom.....Be a good Reporting/Data Analyst...Excel in Excel.........

Key Skills to Become Reporting/Data Analyst:
>Good Statistical & Analytical Skills.
>Good Communication & Presentation Skills.
>Good Spread Sheet skills
>Basic Knowledge of Queries(SQL) to Interact with data bases.


You can develop all these basic skills from my blog...I am continuous learner...I will will make you all Excel in Excel...Just keep on following my Blog.....

Thanks.,
TAMATAM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me by Email

ExcelKingdom-Popular Posts

ExcelKingdom-Random Posts